1. Question : The two types of quantitative variables are
2. Question : As a general rule, when creating a stem-and-leaf display, there should be between ______ stem values.
3. Question : The median is the value below which and above which approximately 50 percent of the measurements lie.
4. Question : Temperature in degrees Fahrenheit is an example of a ____ variable.
5. Question : Stem-and-leaf displays and dot plots are useful for detecting
6. Question : Any characteristic of a population unit is called a
7. Question : The science of using a sample to make generalizations about the important aspects of a population is known as
8. Question : A normal population has 99.73 percent of the population measurements within ___ standard deviations of the mean.
9. Question : When we are choosing a random sample and we do not place chosen units back into the population, we are
10. Question : An example of manipulation of graphical display used to distort reality is: