1. Question : With reference to problem 1, what statistic determines the correlation of experience with productivity, controlling for age in experience?
2. Question : In a problem where interest rates and growth of the economy are used to predict consumer spending, which of the following will increase prediction error?
3. Question : With reference to problem 3, how is the regression constant or the a value interpreted?
4. Question : Which of the following is a problem in simple regression?
5. Question : In a problem where average temperature and number of daylight hours are used to predict energy consumption in homes, what does the standard error of multiple estimate gauge?
6. Question : What does “shrinkage” mean in reference to regression solutions?
7. Question : The degree to which years of education and years of experience together correlate with annual salary is indicated in multiple correlation.
8. Question : The criterion variable in regression is the variable used to predict the value of y.
9. Question : Which of the following are consistent with the requirements of simple regression?
10. Question : Larger sample diminish the standard error of the estimate.